Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Maybe 5 races in 19 days wasn't such a hot idea.

11 days until Nationals and I got a freakin' cold, and feel like crap. This is the stupid cold that I was convinced I was getting the night before I went up and blew away my competition in the time trial, and set a new PR at that distance. This is the same cold that I thought was going to mess up my road race, and make it hard to climb with the mountain goats. I survived the attack of the lady mountain goat, and did my best Tour de France sprint imitation at the end.

Hopefully I can figure out how not to make myself crazy and get myself well in the next few days. I guess this the way to force me into a taper, but I'd rather taper on my terms. I have zero energy at this point. Two days of no exercise, and I'm getting antsy. It's too freakin' hot to do much of anything except swim. However swimming is the last thing I want to do with my congested head.

No comments: